- Human Performance Workshop
October 18, 2018 - October 19, 2018
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Human Performance Workshop a Two-Day Seminar and Workshop
Practical Application & Integration of Human Performance, Incident Analysis & Procedure Excellence
WHEN: October 18 and 19, 2018
WHERE: Crowne Plaza Hotel – Cleveland South 5300 Rockside Road Independence, OH 44131
A block of rooms has been reserved under ASSP Northern Ohio Chapter at a reduced cost of $115 per night (including tax).
Register for a room by September 26, 2018 by calling The Crowne Plaza – Cleveland South at 1-866-840-0582.
**Bonus: Thursday Evening Networking Social Complementary Heavy Hors Devours and Cash Bar
**Extra Bonus: Participation at this conference qualifies for one Ohio BWC Safety Council Rebate Program external training credit with submission of certificate of attendance to your Safety Council sponsor by June 30.
DAY ONE: Basic Human & Organizational Performance Knowledge
Thursday, October 18, 2018 *8 am – 5 pm
- Introduction to error reduction – Setting the background and framework for human error prevention and mitigation including:
- Current science and basis
- Importance of understanding personality tendencies in managing risk
- Essential Leadership Cycle
- Definitions, terms and uses
- Performance Modes and error types
- Traps – Triggers and Tools – how we see risk
- Pre-Task Briefings & Exercise
- Typical deployment and integration path
DAY TWO – Practical Application and Tools
Friday, October 19, 2018 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Introduction exercise
- How different traps impact different personality tendencies
- Intentional communication
- Essential Leadership Cycle process model related to organizational performance
- How different personalities deviate from procedures
- Procedure Exercise
- Deviation Analysis Tool
Workshop Leader: Ron Pryor
Ron’s 30+ year manufacturing career included assignments in Operating Line Management and Supervision, as well as over 20 years in Health and Safety. Ron is a Certified Safety Professional and an experienced trainer and Root Cause Analyst. In addition to assisting organizations with their Human Performance educational and training efforts, Ron’s professional passion is helping organizations integrate these concepts into their daily operations and achieve breakthrough results. Ron lives in Bettendorf Iowa, where, after spending 25 years coaching and officiating youth soccer, volleyball, and basketball, he now enjoys bicycling, boating, and traveling in his spare time.
The application of Advanced Error Reduction in Organizations (AERO) Technology will help your organization:
- Design systems for maximum safety, quality, effectiveness, efficiency, and reliability.
- Use the right tools at the right time to significantly reduce error probability
- Understand how to manage personality tendencies and error traps to reduce the probability of undesirable consequences.
The AERO task based system depicts how an individual interacts with people, programs, processes, work environments, organizations and equipment and how these all interact with each other.
By making the individual aware of their own personality tendencies and equipping them with tools to manage their behavior, it better enables them to interact with the system, reducing errors and events.
This system can be used to reduce errors and events on all tasks be they at home, work or play. This system positively impacts safety, quality, effectiveness, efficiency and productivity. People will use this task based system because there are significant benefits, not only at the organizational level, but also on a personal level.
The “Essential Leadership Cycle” is for leaders to understand that the individual’s actions and behaviors are driven by elements or changes in the system that are driven by organizational elements, starting with leadership, that are essential to task and organizational success.