Listing Provided by R.P.Mckinley and Associates – 201 Forest Hills Plaza, Pittsburgh, PA 15221 www.rpmemployment.com
Director of Environmental Health & Safety – Large Role – Highly Strategic
We are recruiting on behalf of a very leading metals manufacturer. Our client is thriving and is expanding their team. They are recruiting for a very strong leader who can manage a well – established group of EHS professionals including an EHS Manager, a safety team, an environmental team, a nurse, etc. This role encompasses three locations, (750+ employees), and reports to a Vice President of the business unit.
Our client is all about operational excellence and they are implementing a behavior-based safety initiative. (They would like someone very knowledgeable of this.) This is a robust role and is highly varied; very interesting.
This role pays very well with a base range up to $170k plus an extremely generous bonus program.
You would be working out of a large plant in Southeast OH. This plant is about 45 miles west of Pittsburgh and about 120 miles south of Cleveland. (Our client does offer a very generous relocation package.)
This is an excellent role and a true career role – wonderful growth potential.
Please contact me at any time for additional information. I’d be happy to schedule a time to talk.
Thank you for your consideration.
ForTec Medical- Safety and Compliance Manager
Posted: Oct 26, 2018
Safety and Compliance Manager
ForTec Medical, Hudson, Ohio
ForTec Medical, an industry leader in delivering mobilized surgical technologies within the broadest array of lasers, is seeking a Safety and Compliance Manager. ForTec has experienced explosive growth throughout the U.S. over the last three decades. Our network of service centers stretches coast-to-coast, now serving customers in more than 40 states.
We are seeking a Safety and Compliance Manager which will be based out of our brand new Home Office in Hudson, Ohio, to create and execute company-wide safety initiatives covering employee safety from coast-to-coast. Additional responsibilities include managing a variety of ForTec compliance programs. This highly collaborative position is a great opportunity for a high energy, creative, and results oriented safety professional.
- Lead a proactive comprehensive workplace safety program responsive to Company trends and regulatory requirements.
- Analyze and identify safety issues and trends. Develop and execute effective solutions that can be implemented across a multi-state environment.
- Engage a distributed workforce in identifying safety opportunities, best practices, and solutions.
- Act as the first responder contact for safety incidents and serve as the liaison for all involved parties.
- Manage all vehicle accident and worker’s compensation claims. Partner with insurance carriers and third parties to effectively manage claims.
- Conduct root cause investigations into all accidents and injuries. Develop local and company-wide corrective actions.
- Participate in insurance claims meetings, taking a lead role in presenting ForTec’s safety programs and initiatives.
- Evaluate movement of equipment to identify and prevent safety hazards.
- Create employee safety awareness through effective communication and initiatives.
- Write, communicate and maintain safety policies and procedures.
- Establish annual safety goals and metrics, regularly reporting on progress.
- Collaborate with the Training Department to partner on safety training initiatives, documentation, and delivery. Deliver monthly new hire safety orientation.
- Develop and execute safety recognition and reward programs.
- Manage compliance of specific healthcare related requirements.
- Manage all safety regulatory requirements and compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related safety or business field; nationally recognized safety professional certification a plus
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience developing and implementing safety programs
- Multi-state / multi-facility safety experience
- Experience in Worker’s Compensation rules and claims management
- Knowledgeable in OSHA requirements
- Strategic while extremely hands on to resolve day-to-day issues
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems effectively and urgently
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills; experience manage multiple priorities
- Experience managing projects from beginning to end, meeting deadlines and objectives
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft applications: Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Ability to occasionally travel, including occasional overnight travel
Benefits & Rewards
ForTec invests in our employee’s well-being by offering a generous and comprehensive benefits program. We carefully choose benefits that invest in our team’s total well-being, offering a variety of choices that provide value and assist in supporting employees and their families.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Wellness Initiatives and Rewards
How to Apply