Simon Roofing has an open position for a Safety Analyst/CIH. (If not currently certified, we will help you attain in a reasonable time frame.)
Ideally the position will be located in Youngstown. There is a possibility that the position may need to work in Columbus, Macedonia, or from one of our larger branches in Charlotte, Raleigh, New Orleans, Tampa or Nashville.
For more information and to apply CLICK HERE
Job Title: Safety Analyst/Industrial Hygienist
Supervisor Job Title: VP EHS
Department / Division: EHS
Help shape the safety culture through the trending of data and making recommendations for continuous improvement. Sample jobsites and workplaces for exposure to any air contaminates. In addition the Safety Analyst/Industrial Hygienist will provide Leadership; Professional knowledge and expertise in the administration and support in these areas of Simon to include Federal, State and Local regulatory agency compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Track and trend all EHS related metrics and create and present feedback charts to Safety Governance Team. (Including inspections from the field.)
- Fully participate in developing and implementing initiatives, corrective actions and continuous improvement plans based on analysis of metrics.
- Collects and creates slides for all incidents/claims (GL and Auto). Schedules Incident Review meetings, compiles corrective actions and develops and facilitates a process for effectively communicating and tracking corrective actions and progress of same. Work the process into and as a complement to the current ISO 9001 process.
- Maintain all OSHA 300 Logs. Complete year end summaries and distribute to all applicable branches and locations. Manage and document postings.
- Manage safety equipment sourcing, ordering, and budgeting process.
- Track and trend safety budget expenditures and create and present feedback charts to Safety Governance Team.
- Manage, track, trend and improve the TRACTION® process.
- Conducts one (1) virtual inspection of each active Production Job per week.
- Sample jobsites, plant areas, and sensitive customer areas for air contaminates such as volatile organics, silica, ammonia, dusts and particulates and other materials. Follow industry chain of custody procedures to process and ship samples for testing. Prepare reports and log and track data. Prepare reports and maintain records in accordance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Prepare and disseminate employee sampling results in accordance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Create a PM and calibration program and schedule for all IH equipment.
- Develop and facilitate a Hearing Protection Program.
- Administer the Simon Roofing Respiratory Program.
- Develop and facilitate a Chemical Hygiene Program.
- Organize and track all waste manifests and assist with all Environmental documentation, filings, and submissions.
- Maintain and update the Hazard Communication Program including chemical lists.
- Assist with the development and presentation of EHS material as needed.
- Process owner of ISN, Avetta and Browse.
- Provide Technical Support all Field operations.
- Provide support for all EHS policies and programs
- Direct and enforce compliance with OSHA, EPA, and other local regulations
- Stay apprised of and interpret federal, state, and local as required to assure compliance.
- Develop and facilitate a CA compliant lead exposure program.
Standards of performance(How is effectiveness in job performance measured.)
- Timely response and reporting
- Accuracy of documents and reports
- Branch profitability
- Customer Relations
- Environment, Safety & Environment
- Personnel development, Policy, Procedure and Teamwork
- Achievement of personal SMART GOALS
Job Qualifications (Minimum education, knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Bachelor’s in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, or related field.
- 5 -10 years of progressive responsibility in the EHS field.
- Prefer at least 1 year of Construction Experience.
- Environmental Management experience is a plus.
- OSHA Authorized Trainer a plus.
- Excellent Excel Skills.
Required certifications, licenses, registration, etc.
- Must be Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Driver license
- OSHA 10 and 30 hour course
- Asbestos certifications
- TWIC cards where required
People Responsibility (both direct and indirect reports)
No direct reports
Business Impact (degree and timeframe of impact)
- Direct impact on organizations business direction and significant company matters
- Short term (1-2 year) and long term (2-5 year) impact on company financial operations
- Accountable for long term goal setting and planning
Physical Working Conditions
- Ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs
- Passenger use of construction man lifts
- Ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction
- Ability to stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl
- Occasional lifting and/or movement of up to fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Job performance may require regular visits to construction work sites and being exposed to moving mechanical parts, highly elevated places, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions.
The information contained in this job description is designed to indicate the general nature and work performed by an employee in this job. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee assigned to this job.