Have a safety-related job opening at your company?
The ASSP Northern Ohio Chapter’s Jobs page provides organizations with a free means of finding qualified candidates to fill their positions while also providing ASSP members access to employment opportunities. To post a notice for an opening in your organization, contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Note: Recruiter – Please include the date in which the job ad should be removed from the site. If no expiration date is provided, the job will be removed 30 days after publishing.
Safety Specialist (Charter Manufacturing)
Posted: Oct 24, 2019
Join the Charter Manufacturing family and grow with us.
When you work at Charter Manufacturing you’re part of a four-generation family business. That means, you’re not just an employee, you’re one of our family members. Our Charter Steel business has an excellent opportunity for a SAFETY SPECIALIST.
The Safety Specialist will participate in and lead initiatives to provide for the safety and health of employees. Ensure all employees are trained in safety components relating to their position. Work with the Safety Engineer to ensure compliance to State and Federal regulations for all employees, equipment, and operations. Reduce Workers’ Compensation exposure through accident investigation and proactive accident reduction techniques. Report and follow-up on Workers’ Compensation requirements and claims administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related degree.
- Three plus years’ of relevant safety experience.
- Familiar with Workers’ Compensation process.
- Experience in facilitating and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience in developing and delivering safety training to all levels in an organization.
- Practical experience in safety process improvement.
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations on a practical basis.
- Familiarity with basic medical terminology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks while being detail oriented.
- Skilled in influencing others without direct authority.
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related degree.
- Experience interacting with local, State, and Federal regulatory agencies.
- EMT/ First Responder Certification.
- Safety experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees at all Charter Steel businesses.
- Maintain safety documentation to ensure OSHA compliance.
- Manage investigations associated with safety incidents and accidents; perform root cause analysis.
- Coordinate and conduct new hire safety training.
- Support, develop, and participate in Safety Teams.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct safety training.
- Conduct and document safety inspections.
- Develop, maintain, and audit Safe Work Practices.
- Assist and serve as a resource for safety teams to utilize their knowledge of day-to-day operations regarding safety. Assist teams to arrive at the accident root cause(s) and to develop an action plan and follow up system that eliminates reoccurrence.
- Coordinate the administration of Workers’ Compensation claim handling.
- Work closely with Safety Engineers and staff at all businesses to ensure consistency in safety programs.
- Coordinate and maintain radiation safety programs in cooperation with the Environmental department.
- Maintain and oversee the Safety documentation system that houses physical requirements for all production positions.
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements.
- Ability to meet the essential job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, as outlined in the job description.
To apply for this position please visit out website: https://chartermfg.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Charter_Careers/job/Charter-Steel—Cleveland-OH/Safety-Specialist_R01078
To learn more about our great culture and our core values visit our website: www.chartermfg.com