Have a safety-related job opening at your company?
The ASSP Northern Ohio Chapter’s Jobs page provides organizations with a free means of finding qualified candidates to fill their positions while also providing ASSP members access to employment opportunities. To post a notice for an opening in your organization, contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Recruiter – Please include the date in which the job ad should be removed from the site. If no expiration date is provided, the job will be removed 30 days after publishing.
Global manufacturing company is seeking an experienced EHS Manager with proven success in fostering facility awareness, involvement, and accountability of EHS issues to assure full integration of EHS initiatives with business activities. The programs and the team are in place, and they are looking for a strong leader who enjoys spending time on the plant floor! Candidates are preferred to be local to the Fremont, Ohio area; a relocation package is offered to regional candidates having all the required skill sets.
Position Summary: Your role will be to lead the development, implementation, and continual enhancement of the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) programs for a mid-size manufacturing plant. Direct facility activities to minimize company liability and promote sustainability. Position reports to the Plant Manager.
-Bachelors degree in EHS, Engineering, or directly related field.
-Minimum of (5) years of hands-on, in-plant EHS experience within a manufacturing facility.
-Proven experience in successfully reducing incidents by promoting and implement a high performance EHS culture.
-CSP, CIH and/or CHMM is a plus.
-Lead the development, implementation and continual enhancement of the Company’s EHS Management System at the facility.
-Lead EHS planning at the facility, including the setting of goals, prioritizing facility needs and establishing adequate systems for performance review and improvement.
-Assist department managers, supervisors and employees with implementation of creative approaches to improve safety, minimize environmental footprint and liability, and implement EHS initiatives.
-Work with engineering in the design and installation of new or altered equipment or processes with the goal of eliminating or reducing safety hazards and environmental impact
-Provide training and information necessary to ensure responsible personnel are aware of corporate and governmental EHS regulations and requirements.
If interested contact Heather Constante, Recruiter with Professional Outlook, Inc. Heather@professionaloutlook.com
Cleveland-Cliffs Steel has an immediate opportunity for a Safety Engineer at our Cleveland, OH facility. The position reports to the Manager of Health, Safety, and Security. The Safety Engineer actively provides leadership, counsel, and performs as an effective facilitator to influence development of a proactive approach to safety and health and will provide technical guidance regarding safety issues, OSHA compliance, and safety performance.
- Proactively reducing and eliminating exposure to injury.
- Support a performance driven culture, aligned to the execution of Cleveland-Cliffs Steel Safety program.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to operations managers regarding safety issues, OSHA compliance, safety performance, and Cleveland-Cliffs Steel Safety program direction.
- Coordinate and support Safety Department goals and objectives.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Actively engage in the company and site Serious Injury and Fatality (SIF) prevention process.
- Interact with employees at all levels within the plant to recognize and address health & safety concerns.
- Support the Cleveland-Cliffs Steel Health and Safety program, protocols, and systems.
- Participate in the Joint Safety and Health program with local union and company leadership.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to line managers and supervisors and assist them in executing their safety leadership responsibilities.
- Investigate, review, and respond to employee safety and health issues, suggestions, and concerns.
- Effectively communicate injuries and safety related incidents to the operations and Manager of Health, Safety, and Security, as directed.
- Participate in injury/incident investigations and lead root cause analysis to facilitate effective solutions.
- Participate in regulatory inspections as assigned.
- Develop, conduct, or coordinate worker training as required for employees, new hires, vendors, and contractors.
- Perform safety audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring on safety initiatives, safety regulations, and best practices.
- Gather data for analysis from sources (e.g., injuries, illnesses, near-misses, work orders, incident investigations, inspections, audits, etc.) and develop trend reports.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including additional hours and weekends as required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Industrial Hygiene or related field.
- Competency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA and other governmental regulations that apply to this facility.
- Ability to earn respect, work independently, promote teamwork, and lead by example.
- Professional certification (CSP, CIH, etc.)
- Experience in a manufacturing facility
- Experience in a union facility
- OSHA 500 or 501 certification
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The Company is vertically integrated from mined raw materials, direct reduced iron, and ferrous scrap to primary steelmaking and downstream finishing, stamping, tooling, and tubing. We offer an excellent total compensation package including top pay with variable compensation opportunity, health insurance, retirement plan, education assistance, paid time off and more!
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that all Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment, you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call 1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
Akron Children’s Hospital has an opportunity for an Occupational Health and Safety Specialist to join our team. This is a hybrid work-in-office, work-from-home position. The ability to work from home may change based on business needs.
The Occupational Health and Safety Specialist designs programs and procedures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work conditions. Investigates incidents and accidents to identify what caused them and how they might be prevented. Provides education to employees regarding workplace safety through various training programs.
1. Inspect, test, and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices to ensure that they follow safety standards and government regulations.
2. Responsible for OSHA reporting and investigation.
3. Responsible for employee injury investigation and prevention.
4. Evaluate data in order to determine the effectiveness of implemented safety programs and prepare written reports on findings.
5. Design and implement workplace processes and procedures that help protect workers from hazardous work conditions.
6. Evaluate programs on workplace health and safety.
7. Educate employers and workers about workplace safety by preparing and facilitating training programs.
8. Investigate incidents and accidents to identify what caused them and how they might be prevented.
9. Work with engineers and physicians to control or fix potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
10. Work closely with Infection Prevention and Life Safety specialists to collect and analyze data in the workplace.
1. Experience developing and implementing employee safety training programs required.
2. Strong communication, both verbal and written, required.
3. Knowledge of The Joint Commission and OSHA required.
4. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required.
5. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
6. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
7. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in occupational health, public health, biology, engineering, chemistry, or related field required.
2. Master’s degree preferred.
3. Minimum of (3-5) years’ experience required.
4. Healthcare experience highly preferred.
5. Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS) preferred but not required and willing to obtain.
6. Associate Safety Professional (ASP)certification preferred but not required and willing to obtain.
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,650 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Environmental Safety and Health Engineer – BWX Technologies, Inc. – Barberton, Ohio
- Providing technical support and verifying compliance with company Environmental Health and Safety policies, Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations, and other related and regulatory standards, guidelines, and best practices.
- Keeping abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Scheduling, coordinating, and conducting EHS audits, observations and inspections in order to identify and assist in correcting unsafe and unhealthy work conditions or practices.
- Communicating results of audits, incidents trends and overall Health and Safety performance to all levels of workforce.
- Interacting with site workforce at all levels to increase involvement and demonstrate, educate, coach and enforce EHS work practices while providing EHS technical and regulatory expertise.
- Implementing procedures for group medical programs, accident reporting, employee training, and EHS record keeping to ensure to reduce and eliminate work-related accidents, injuries and illnesses.
- Conducting Industrial Hygiene evaluations, sampling, and compliance audits.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of EHS programs and policies and implementing corrective action.
- Partnering with management to ensure that projects are supported and completed on time and within the allotted budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety or related field.
- The preferred candidate will have at least 6 years’ experience in Environmental, Health and Safety practices and program implementation.
- Experience in a machining, welding, or other metal-working environment would be a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.
As a federal government contractor, BWX Technologies, Inc. and any subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities(“BWXT” or the “Company”) complies with all federal, state, and local laws and customer requirements regardingCOVID-19 and other health and safety protocols. As such, all BWXT new hires will be required to adhere to applicable Company COVID-19 requirements within the workplace as a condition of employment.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits,
company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.