Have a safety-related job opening at your company?
The ASSP Northern Ohio Chapter’s Jobs page provides organizations with a free means of finding qualified candidates to fill their positions while also providing ASSP members access to employment opportunities. To post a notice for an opening in your organization, contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Note: Recruiter – Please include the date in which the job ad should be removed from the site. If no expiration date is provided, the job will be removed 30 days after publishing.
Global EHS Chemical Management & Industrial Hygiene Specialist
Akron, OH, US
Requisition ID: 117542
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
The Global Environmental Health and Safety Specialist Principal is responsible for the management/coordination of Goodyear’s global Safety Data Sheets Program (authorization and compliance). Primary contact/Reviewer for the coordination around authorizing safety data sheets (SDS) for new/experimental products in various global formats (includes working with vendors on system upgrades and maintenance. This position supports the development, design, and implementation of Goodyear’s Industrial Hygiene Strategy and programs. Supports the execution of Global EHS strategy by assisting in the design, development, and implementation of Global EHS programs
- Primary contact/Reviewer for the coordination around authorizing safety data sheets (SDS) for new/experimental products in various global formats (including working with vendors on system upgrades and maintenance). Contact for the coordination of Industrial Hygiene sampling plans and assessments (including working with vendors on sampling strategies, system improvements, and maintenance).
- Work with internal functions to ensure SDS is accurate, maintained, accessible, and integrated into functional activities (including establishing training/internal processes).
- Manage raw material and supplier SDS information to ensure compliance with global hazard communication standards. Supports management of Industrial Hygiene global vendors and third parties
- Assist in the development, design, and implementation of global EHS programs.
- Review, analyze, and provide conclusions/recommendations on global EHS data in support of operations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene or Safety
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene or Safety desired
- 7 or more years of experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety and Industrial Hygiene function
- Previous plant, operational and global/international experience – Desired
Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with global hazard communication regulations/requirements (GHS, DOT/OSHA, REACH, etc.)
- Awareness of global Environmental, Health, and Safety laws and regulatory framework
- Strong Proficiency in Industrial Hygiene and regulatory framework
- Strong proficiency with standard office software (including software-designed storage (SDS) authorizing software)
- Strong analytical/research skills – With the ability to work independently and accurately manage large amounts of detailed information
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively at all organization
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 74,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Industrial Hygiene, Engineer, QA, Quality Assurance, Manager, Engineering, Technology, Quality, Managemen
Amotec is actively seeking candidates for an Environmental, Health & Safety Manager opportunity. Located near Zanesville, OH our client is poised for substantial growth and opportunities, within this global manufacturing leader. The EH&S Manager will be responsible for creating and supporting all safety functions for a single site with 250+ employees. Our client offers a competitive base salary along with incentives, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and life insurance.
- The EH&S Manager will be a hands-on and interactive professional who will provide a strong presence on the production floor, supporting and communicating with all levels of employees
- Develop and implement all EH&S programs and training
- Support safety initiatives ensuring compliance and achieving accident prevention metrics
- Participate in any corrective actions, incident investigations, compliance inspections and training programs related to EH&S for plant employees
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Science is preferred or related Engineering field
- Strong backbone, knowledgeable of EPA & OSHA regulations, understanding metrics and proficiency with Microsoft Office & Excel
- ASP and/or CSP certification is preferred
- 4+ years of experience supporting EH&S in manufacturing
If interested in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manager opportunity, please submit your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Jamie Pierson at 216.535.2710 x5256.
Simon Roofing has a job opening for an Environmental Health and Safety Professional.
This position performs varied support duties for the all divisions and departments. The employee must perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity and performance standards as outline in the company safety policies, hand books and applicable work *This list may not be all-inclusive and may include other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and update safety calendar and schedules.
- Conducts EHS compliance inspections at Simon Roofing jobsites.
- Maintain and update Simon Roofing EHS Policies.
- Provide safety and IH support as necessary to employees and clients.
- Track and analyze EHS metric.
- Work with new hires on gathering information for their first day and training schedules.
- Lead safety meetings as necessary or as directed.
- Presents new hire safety orientation and other safety topics as necessary.
- Update and maintain applicable databases.
- Attend, participate and or lead assigned standing safety meetings.
- Ensures file completeness and performs document control for safety certification. Creates forms and spreadsheets for tracking and maintains files.
- Creates environmental/safety tracking documents on spreadsheet and inputs information.
- Conducts EHS compliance audits in the field.
- Analyze and create trend charts for all field audits.
- Prepares documents utilizing word processing creating tables, charts and memoranda.
- Answers phones and refers calls to appropriate personnel or provides requested information to the caller.
- Stays current on all applicable Federal, State and Local EHS regulations.
- Serves as consultant and Subject Matter Expert to field personnel.
- Maintains confidentiality related to environmental and safety and security issues.
- Acts as a liaison with Federal, State and Local Regulatory Agencies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director VP – EHS and OD.
Standards of performance(How is effectiveness in job performance measured.
- Timely response and reporting
- Accuracy of documents and reports
- Internal Customer Relations
- Environment, Safety & Environment
- Personnel development, Policy, Procedure and Teamwork
- Achievement of SMART GOALS
Job Qualifications (Minimum education, knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a Health, safety and Environment preferred
- Team player
- Proficient in Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and database computerized systems.
- Ability to manage workload effectively including plan, coordinate, organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate through written correspondence and verbally.
- Ability to use good judgment to make decisions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelors in Safety Technology or related field. (Open to upcoming graduates)
- Some related experience (internship is ok). Construction industry is preferred but not required.
- Strong communication skills… Ability to make persuasive presentations to work teams.
- High Level computer skills; Excel (including pivot tables), Power Point, Word etc.
Required certifications, licenses, registration, etc.
- Not required at the time of hire, but ability to obtain any additional certifications, licenses or registrations as deemed necessary. (i.e., Asbestos Inspector)
People Responsibility (both direct and indirect reports)
- No direct reports
Business Impact (degree and timeframe of impact)
- Direct impact on organizations business direction and significant company matters.
- Short term (1-2 year) and long term (2-5 year) impact on company financial operations.
- Accountable for long term goal setting and planning
Physical Working Conditions
- Majority of day spent in an office environment.
- Part of the time will be spent on job sites, company branches & company vehicles.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Ability to safely ascend and descend ladders and work at height.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform all the necessary duties of the position.
- Ability to travel throughout the company’s foot print.
The information contained in this job description is designed to indicate the general nature and work performed by an employee in this job. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee assigned to this job.
If interested contact:
Walter C. Fluharty, Psy.D., SPHR, CEES
Sr. Vice President – Environmental Health and Safety
330-629-7663 ext 1121