Have a safety-related job opening at your company?
The ASSP Northern Ohio Chapter’s Jobs page provides organizations with a free means of finding qualified candidates to fill their positions while also providing ASSP members access to employment opportunities. To post a notice for an opening in your organization, contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Recruiter – Please include the date in which the job ad should be removed from the site. If no expiration date is provided, the job will be removed 30 days after publishing.
Title: Site Safety Engineer
Location: Northern OH
Position Summary: Position reports to the Site Manager of Health, Safety, and Security. The Site Safety Engineer actively provides leadership, counsel, and performs as an effective facilitator to influence development of a proactive approach to safety and health and will provide technical guidance regarding safety issues, OSHA compliance, and safety performance.
• Proactively reducing and eliminating exposure to injury.
• Support a performance driven culture, aligned to the execution of the Steel Safety program.
• Provide technical guidance and direction to operations managers regarding safety issues, OSHA compliance, safety performance, and Steel Safety program direction.
• Coordinate and support Site Safety Department goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively engage in the company and site Serious Injury and Fatality (SIF) prevention process.
• Interact with employees at all levels within the plant to recognize and address health & safety concerns.
• Support Steel Health and Safety program, protocols, and systems.
• Participate in the Joint Safety and Health program with local union and company leadership.
• Serve as a coach and mentor to line managers and supervisors and assist them in executing their safety leadership responsibilities.
• Investigate, review, and respond to employee safety and health issues, suggestions, and concerns.
• Effectively communicate injuries and safety related incidents to the operations and Manager of Health, Safety, and Security, as directed.
• Participate in injury/incident investigations and lead root cause analysis to facilitate effective solutions.
• Participate in regulatory inspections as assigned.
• Develop, conduct, or coordinate worker training as required for employees, new hires, vendors, and contractors.
• Perform safety audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring on safety initiatives, safety regulations, and best practices.
• Gather data for analysis from sources (e.g., injuries, illnesses, near-misses, work orders, incident investigations, inspections, audits, etc.) and develop trend reports.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including additional hours and weekends as required.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and experience required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Industrial Hygiene or related field.
• Competency in Microsoft Office.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Strong working knowledge of OSHA and other governmental regulations that apply to this facility.
• Ability to earn respect, work independently, promote teamwork, and lead by example.
• Professional certification (CSP, CIH, etc.) is preferred.
• Experience in a manufacturing facility is preferred.
• Experience in a union facility is preferred.
• OSHA 500 or 501 certification a benefit.
NOTE from client company to candidates:
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that ALL employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. By accepting (an) offer you certify that you are fully vaccinated. Company reserves the right to require proof of vaccination. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Human Resources.
Full time position for a Safety Professional at HZW Environmental Consultants, LLC, Mentor, Ohio. Position requires at least a Bachelor’s Degree relating to safety, health and/or environment. 2-3 years’ experience in safety consulting and/or industrial safety compliance preferred. Little travel required. Excellent benefits. Please send your resume to:
HZW Environmental Consultants, LLC
6105 Heisley Road
Mentor, OH 44060
Company: Marsh Bellofram
Location: Newell, WV 26050 Full-time
Click Here for more details and to apply: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=bellofram&l=newell%20wv&vjk=3ba17395b2fb691a&advn=8148981565484386
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- EHS: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Job Title: Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Position Function: This position is accountable for developing, organizing, administering and maintaining the health, environment and safety program, whose purpose is to minimize the number and reduce the severity of in-plant accidents and injuries while maintaining the well-being of its employees, as well as the community.
The program must comply with all federal, state and corporate policies and procedures. This position also identifies analytical sources of environmental risk and monitoring to determine the effects. Collects air, water, vapors, gases and dust samples or potentially toxic materials for analysis. Conducts evaluations and surveys to determine the exposure levels encountered. Prepares reports including education meetings related to health, safety, or environmental concerns. Analyzes data and assesses pollution problems. Prepares graphs and charts using working knowledge of statistics.
Responsibilities: To include but not limited to the following
1. Initiates and develops policies and procedures that address all key safety issues and concerns.
2. Conducts incident investigations regarding injuries and tracks injury rates and trends.
3. Follow up on corrective actions of potential safety problems by reviewing formal reports from supervisory and management personnel and assisting in the corrective action process when necessary.
4. Audits work practices and equipment to ensure that safety-related policies and procedures are being followed by employees and enforced by management.
5. Leads the company’s safety committee and relates information to management for implementation.
6. Ensures a proactive approach to accident prevention by training and advising management on all safety issues.
7. Communicates safety-related issues through safety bulletins, memos, and meetings.
8. Maintains expertise on current safety and environmental issues through attendance at relevant seminars and meetings.
9. CPR and First Aid certified to provide necessary treatment for first-aid injuries.
10. Conducts test and investigations to obtain data for use in determining sources and methods of controlling pollutants in air and water, using knowledge of chemistry and engineering principles and applied technologies.
11. Collects environmentally related samples as needed for analysis.
12. Investigates adequacy of conditions that may affect employee health, comfort or efficiency.
13. Prepares reports including observations, analyses of contaminants and recommendations
14. Participates in educational meetings to instruct employees in matters pertaining to occupational health and prevention of accidents.
15. Assembles preliminary data including safety information, makes appropriate calculations, prepares a written draft of procedures and discusses with supervisor
16. Makes notes and reports on special safety and environmental situations
17. Is thoroughly familiar with plant safety manual, processes, and equipment
18. Reviews and conducts hazards assessments of processes and job classifications prior to initial run to ensure that all personnel have adequate personal protective equipment (PPE).
19. Inspects personnel to assure proper wearing of PPE.
20. Conducts annual training sessions for PPE to include respirator protections and hearing conservations programs.
21. Maintains Safety Data Sheet (SDS) program.
22. Performs other related tasks as assigned.
23. Actively participates in Company ISO audits and documentation.
24. Completes all ISO 9001: 2015 and AS9100D quality training and follows related procedures.
25. Follows all prescribed plant and safety rules and regulations
The EHS Manager is accountable for controlling the safety and loss-control program to minimize the number and severity of in-plant accidents and injuries. This position is the focal point to ensure safety measures that are identified, corrected, and followed-up through any one or more of the following avenues: (1) direct observation and report by OSHA, (2) direct observation and internal report to management, and (3) direct observation and informal report to the EHS Manager by another individual or group.
This position ensures that the plant is inspected for any conditions that pose a potential safety or environmental problem. When a problem is identified, the position ensures that the supervisor accountable for the area in which the problem exists initiates corrective actions. When necessary, the EHS Manager meets with other supervisors to help develop corrective actions and establish proprieties that will provide increased safety without compromising the functional integrity, intended purpose, or efficiency of equipment, process or procedure that posed the initial safety hazard. The EHS Manager will maintain a system of reporting serious safety problems to help supervision detect and correct similar conditions in other areas. The EHS Manager is an active member on the ISO team and sponsors and trains employees as relating to ISO auditing, ISO procedure development and maintenance of ISO documentation.
The EHS Manager participates with representatives of monitoring agencies (DEP, OSHA, etc.) during formal inspections of plant environmental, health and safety. If problems or discrepancies are identified, the EHS Manager communicates the problem or discrepancy to the accountable individual or group; advises or counsels that individual or group on corrective measures; follows up to ensure that the corrective measures have been implemented; and issues a report to the monitoring agency to formally document corrective measures to the safety and/or environmental problems.
The EHS Manager also trains, counsels and advises personnel on all safety and environmental issues to establish a proactive approach to providing a safe working environment rather than a reactive approach to correcting that environment following an accident. To conduct this ongoing program, the EHS Manager must strive to not only meet OSHA/DEP or corporate-imposed safety regulations in developing and promoting safety in all areas.
The EHS Manager also surveys current safety literature and attends relevant seminars and meetings to ensure ongoing preparedness on topics related to safety improvement and hazard prevention. This continuing education process is necessary in light of breadth of knowledge required to scrutinize a large variety of potential safety problems under varying circumstances and recommend reasonable and effective solutions to those problems.
Requirement: Must have at least a BS degree in Safety and/or Environmental Studies.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- EHS: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Safety Advisor – Construction in Toledo, Ohio
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
• Site safety observations, including documentation of findings
• Facilitate corrective measures where warranted
• Representing the contractor or Owner in progress meetings
• Verify compliance with safety policies and procedures as required by law and the ownerRequirements
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of construction safety in an industrial setting
• Degree in safety or related fields
• OSHA 30-Hour Construction
Physical Demands of the job may include:
• Moving about long distances
• Ascending/Descending stairs and ladders
• Remaining in a stationary position for a prolonged period of time
• Working in extreme weather
• Being exposed to loud noises
• Wearing personal protective gear correctly
This position is accountable for maintaining a healthy, safe and productive workplace through the education and training of employees in safe work practices, knowledge of emergency procedures, administration of company safety policies for compliance with health, safety and environmental state and federal regulations. The EH&S manager supports operations in the implementation and promotion of proactive safety initiatives with the goals of attaining a Zero Injury Workplace and supporting regulatory compliance. Responsible for recommending and implementing EHS best practices across the organization for multiple sites.. My client is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Air Craft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry and has been in business for over 70 years.
- Advise management on matters related to safety, compliance and regulatory changes and trends
- Facilitate communications throughout responsible sites. This includes monthly safety meetings, employee communications, and near-miss/accident report protocol.
- Review plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure they meet safety requirements
- Identify and correct potential hazards by inspecting facilities, machinery, and safety equipment.
- Implement and manage Environmental Health & Safety Inspection Program including: eyewash stations, ladders, hoists, waste accumulation, chemical storage, storm water, Emergency preparation, Contractor Safety Programs, Lock Out/Tag Out Program, and general hazard recognition
- Develop, maintain and modify site specific Health Programs such as Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, Ergonomics, etc.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes
- Investigate accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine their cause and recommend countermeasures to prevent future incidents.
- Planning and implementing safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Create safety awareness with all employees by guiding safety committee and safety initiatives.
- Integrating continuous improvements in safety systems by driving employee engagement to achieve desired results utilizing the safety committee.
- Overseeing and coordinating ergonomics program and efforts to reduce all forms of muscular-skeletal illnesses.
- Recommending process and product safety features that will reduce employees’ exposure to physical work hazards.
- Coordinating the administration of workers’ compensation return to work program with assistance from Human Resources, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
- Prefer 3+ years of Environmental, Health & Safety experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Prefer EHS experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Experience working with Safety Programs such as Lockout-Tagout, Industrial Vehicles, Hoisting Equipment, Electrical Safety, Fall Protection, Confined Space, Ergonomics and Industrial Hygiene Programs.
- Background in incident investigations, such as 5-Why, What-If Analysis, 6-sigma, etc.
- Experience in performing Kaizen events.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, 401K, and life insurance.
Supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, and therefore is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations.
For more information or to apply contact:
Jim Peterson – Executive Search Consultant, Middle America