Have a safety-related job opening at your company?
The ASSP Northern Ohio Chapter’s Jobs page provides organizations with a free means of finding qualified candidates to fill their positions while also providing ASSP members access to employment opportunities. To post a notice for an opening in your organization, contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Recruiter – Please include the date in which the job ad should be removed from the site. If no expiration date is provided, the job will be removed 30 days after publishing.
This position is accountable for maintaining a healthy, safe and productive workplace through the education and training of employees in safe work practices, knowledge of emergency procedures, administration of company safety policies for compliance with health, safety and environmental state and federal regulations. The EH&S manager supports operations in the implementation and promotion of proactive safety initiatives with the goals of attaining a Zero Injury Workplace and supporting regulatory compliance. Responsible for recommending and implementing EHS best practices across the organization for multiple sites.. My client is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Air Craft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry and has been in business for over 70 years.
- Advise management on matters related to safety, compliance and regulatory changes and trends
- Facilitate communications throughout responsible sites. This includes monthly safety meetings, employee communications, and near-miss/accident report protocol.
- Review plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure they meet safety requirements
- Identify and correct potential hazards by inspecting facilities, machinery, and safety equipment.
- Implement and manage Environmental Health & Safety Inspection Program including: eyewash stations, ladders, hoists, waste accumulation, chemical storage, storm water, Emergency preparation, Contractor Safety Programs, Lock Out/Tag Out Program, and general hazard recognition
- Develop, maintain and modify site specific Health Programs such as Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, Ergonomics, etc.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes
- Investigate accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine their cause and recommend countermeasures to prevent future incidents.
- Planning and implementing safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Create safety awareness with all employees by guiding safety committee and safety initiatives.
- Integrating continuous improvements in safety systems by driving employee engagement to achieve desired results utilizing the safety committee.
- Overseeing and coordinating ergonomics program and efforts to reduce all forms of muscular-skeletal illnesses.
- Recommending process and product safety features that will reduce employees’ exposure to physical work hazards.
- Coordinating the administration of workers’ compensation return to work program with assistance from Human Resources, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
- Prefer 3+ years of Environmental, Health & Safety experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Prefer EHS experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Experience working with Safety Programs such as Lockout-Tagout, Industrial Vehicles, Hoisting Equipment, Electrical Safety, Fall Protection, Confined Space, Ergonomics and Industrial Hygiene Programs.
- Background in incident investigations, such as 5-Why, What-If Analysis, 6-sigma, etc.
- Experience in performing Kaizen events.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, 401K, and life insurance.
Supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, and therefore is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations.
For more information or to apply contact:
Jim Peterson – Executive Search Consultant, Middle America
- Schedules and assigns daily work assignments to a custodial team and oversees the completion of tasks
- Adheres to established procedures to provide a safe working environment including complying with OSHA, state/local, federal, and Aramark regulations
- Maintains a clean and orderly environment to project the safety and health of others
- Properly cleans and maintains housekeeping equipment
- Cleans assigned areas to Aramark and client standards and requirements
- Follows procedures for storage and disposal of trash and transports it to designated areas
- Reports maintenance concerns via work order requests to appropriate personnel
- Secures the facility, ensuring building is locked/unlocked as required
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s Degree required. (Must graduate between December 2020 – August 2021 to be eligible for the FY21 A2L Program)
There are two start dates for the 2021 Program: February and July. All degree requirements must be completed prior to the start date of the program (including any final internship requirements).
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Leadership skills, inclusive of supervisory responsibilities, team lead in a club/organization, and/or project management.
- The ability to communicate in an appropriate, clear, and concise manner with customers, clients, employees and leadership.
- The ability to manage through change and ambiguity in a fast pace environment.
- Cost control, budget responsibilities or inventory management experience desired.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights, weekends or holidays according to business need.
- Ability / openness to relocation according to program / business need
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Aramark for this position now or in the future
Safety Manager – Eastern, NC
Fortune 500 Industry Leader is searching for a site Safety Manager. Ideal candidate will have a BS and a minimum 5+ years’ experience. Strong preference for candidates who have experience leading programs and have managerial experience. The position will report to the Plant Manager and will sit on the site Leadership Team. This is a world class company with great pay and benefits. A generous relocation package is available for the successful candidate. Please forward an MS Word resume to Tom Harrell at email@example.com
EHS Manager – Howmet Cleveland Operations, an aerospace forging facility, is seeking qualified candidates for its EHS Manager position. Under the direction of the location’s Director of Operations, the EHS Manager supervises and directs daily environmental, health, and safety functions for the Howmet Structure Systems, Cleveland Operations, unionized forging facility.
Details in the link, apply on line. https://aa176.taleo.net/careersection/howmet_ext_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=21000213&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=