Have a safety-related job opening at your company?
The ASSP Northern Ohio Chapter’s Jobs page provides organizations with a free means of finding qualified candidates to fill their positions while also providing ASSP members access to employment opportunities. To post a notice for an opening in your organization, contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Recruiter – Please include the date in which the job ad should be removed from the site. If no expiration date is provided, the job will be removed 30 days after publishing.
Position Summary: Manages Environmental, Health and Safety processes for Howmet Barberton Wheels manufacturing and Casthouse Operations for the Barberton, Ohio location with approximately 200 employees.
- Defines and leads the EHS site strategy, goals/objectives for campus
- Initiates and oversees timely corrective action for EHS
- Manages the activities of direct report employees (including assigned Work Leaders).
- Conducts and supports EHS training,
- Completes performance appraisals
- Develops and implements Howmet and Barberton Environmental, Health and Safety Plans
- Provide strong, visible leadership for EHS to at all levels of the organization, including both the BCR machining and the Casthouse.
- Engages and directs the leadership team in EHS processes.
- Spends time on the plant floor being visible and interacting with employees on the EHS Process
- Coordinates all EHS training programs and procedures
- Oversees ongoing compliance with the site’s environmental permits.
- Assures compliance with Howmet and regulatory standards
- Provides support to the HWS EHS Director to assure awareness to significant issues on the site.
- Administers Howmet Barberton self-insured Workers Compensation program
- Leads Howmet Barberton’s EHS ASAT’s for assigned locations
- Participates on the Barberton Lead Team and provide strategic oversight of EHS.
- Ensures management is informed of current EHS issues
- Coordinates and leads Howmet EHS metrics reporting for the site
- Coordinates industrial hygiene and occupational health programs.
- Administers organization’s PPE program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of environmental, health & safety
- Have drive and energy to execute goals, objectives and tasks ad a high level
- Experienced with Workers Compensation practices
- Has extensive knowledge of manufacturing operations
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s Degree (from an Accredited University) in an EHS or related field
- Minimum 10 years EHS related experience and supervisory experience
- Management experience in an industrial environment, preferably involving metal casting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership ability required
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
- Minimum of 50% travel required.
- Good oral and written communication ability
- Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking and define
- problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Employee must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position\
- Master’s degree preferred
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Lifting: Light – Lift on an occasional basis a maximum of 20 pounds with frequent or constant lifting of 10 pounds
- Standing: Moderately (20% – 50% of workday)
- Walking: Moderately (20% – 50% of workday)
- Bending and Twisting: Infrequently (less than 20% of workday)
- Temperature Extremes (percent of time working in non-climate controlled, production environment): Infrequently (less than 20% of workday)
- Noise (percent of time working in noisy, production environment): Infrequently (less than 20% of workday)
- Other physical demands considerations: None
This description is a general statement of duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. This description is not intended to be all inclusive and other related duties may be assigned.
Safety Specialist | Cleveland, OH
You are part of the AT&F Family starting on the first day. Medical benefits start on your first day.
Who Are We?
We Build, Protect, Energize, and Move the World through Metal Fabrication
Founded in 1940, AT&F is a major producer of components for construction cranes, mining equipment, defense projects, structural sections for shipbuilding, power industry related components, and specialty stainless steel fabrications.
AT&F is comprised of specialized Business Units (BUs): Heavy Fabricating, Precision Processing, AT&F Advanced Metals, and AT&F Wisconsin. Our multiple facilities have over 600,000 square feet of manufacturing space and over 200 Team Members.
AT&F is in its fourth generation of family leadership. While the values of the organization are like those found in family-run firms, AT&F is also forward thinking, sophisticated, and professional.
Who We Want on Our Team?
We offer competitive salaries plus profit sharing and a full range of benefits for our Team Members, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, holidays, AT&F clothing program, a Wellness Program, and opportunity for career growth.
However, our Team is motivated by more…Teamwork, Purposeful Work, and Getting Better at our Craft.
Our growth is continuing with current and new customers. Do you want to be a part of a FabricatingTeam that is preforming challenging, purposeful work? Our team lives by our Core Values: Work Hard,Do What You Say You’ll Do, Take Care of Each Other, Quietly Lead, Invest, and Run To It. Ask usabout these Core Values to find out if this will be the place you are looking for.
The Goals and Challenges of this Role:
– Promote a safe working environment for all Team Member at all sites
– Maintain safety documentation to ensure OSHA compliance
– Coordinate and conduct new hire safety training
– Support and develop Safety Influencers and conduct Safety Audits
– Develop in house Safety Training videos and coordinate safety training
– Perform and train others on Risk Assessments and Safe Work Practices
– Conduct Root Cause Analysis and develop an actions to eliminate in the future
– Work closely with Leadership at all sites to drive for a proactive safety culture
– Maintain and oversee the Safety documentation system
– Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements
– Ability to travel occasionally to multiple sites
– Other duties as assigned
What You Should Bring to this Role:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related degree
– 2 years related safety experience
– 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
– Practical experience in safety process improvement
– Familiarity with OSHA regulations on a practical basis
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to juggle multiple tasks while being detail oriented
– Skilled in influencing others without direct authority
– Experience interacting with local, State, and Federal regulatory agencies
Contact: Ryan Lochner HR Director email@example.com for more details or to apply,
The Thiel College Department of Environmental Science, Greenville PA, seeks safety professionals to instruct introductory, intermediate and advance safety courses for the Spring 2023 term. Topics include regulatory compliance, hazard materials, industrial hygiene and others. Those interested in teaching one or multiple courses are encouraged to apply.
Akron Children’s Hospital has an opportunity for an Occupational Health and Safety Specialist to join our team. This is a hybrid work-in-office, work-from-home position. The ability to work from home may change based on business needs.
The Occupational Health and Safety Specialist designs programs and procedures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work conditions. Investigates incidents and accidents to identify what caused them and how they might be prevented. Provides education to employees regarding workplace safety through various training programs.
1. Inspect, test, and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices to ensure that they follow safety standards and government regulations.
2. Responsible for OSHA reporting and investigation.
3. Responsible for employee injury investigation and prevention.
4. Evaluate data in order to determine the effectiveness of implemented safety programs and prepare written reports on findings.
5. Design and implement workplace processes and procedures that help protect workers from hazardous work conditions.
6. Evaluate programs on workplace health and safety.
7. Educate employers and workers about workplace safety by preparing and facilitating training programs.
8. Investigate incidents and accidents to identify what caused them and how they might be prevented.
9. Work with engineers and physicians to control or fix potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
10. Work closely with Infection Prevention and Life Safety specialists to collect and analyze data in the workplace.
1. Experience developing and implementing employee safety training programs required.
2. Strong communication, both verbal and written, required.
3. Knowledge of The Joint Commission and OSHA required.
4. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required.
5. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
6. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
7. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in occupational health, public health, biology, engineering, chemistry, or related field required.
2. Master’s degree preferred.
3. Minimum of (3-5) years’ experience required.
4. Healthcare experience highly preferred.
5. Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS) preferred but not required and willing to obtain.
6. Associate Safety Professional (ASP)certification preferred but not required and willing to obtain.
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,650 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Environmental Safety and Health Engineer – BWX Technologies, Inc. – Barberton, Ohio
- Providing technical support and verifying compliance with company Environmental Health and Safety policies, Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations, and other related and regulatory standards, guidelines, and best practices.
- Keeping abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Scheduling, coordinating, and conducting EHS audits, observations and inspections in order to identify and assist in correcting unsafe and unhealthy work conditions or practices.
- Communicating results of audits, incidents trends and overall Health and Safety performance to all levels of workforce.
- Interacting with site workforce at all levels to increase involvement and demonstrate, educate, coach and enforce EHS work practices while providing EHS technical and regulatory expertise.
- Implementing procedures for group medical programs, accident reporting, employee training, and EHS record keeping to ensure to reduce and eliminate work-related accidents, injuries and illnesses.
- Conducting Industrial Hygiene evaluations, sampling, and compliance audits.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of EHS programs and policies and implementing corrective action.
- Partnering with management to ensure that projects are supported and completed on time and within the allotted budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety or related field.
- The preferred candidate will have at least 6 years’ experience in Environmental, Health and Safety practices and program implementation.
- Experience in a machining, welding, or other metal-working environment would be a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.
As a federal government contractor, BWX Technologies, Inc. and any subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities(“BWXT” or the “Company”) complies with all federal, state, and local laws and customer requirements regardingCOVID-19 and other health and safety protocols. As such, all BWXT new hires will be required to adhere to applicable Company COVID-19 requirements within the workplace as a condition of employment.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits,
company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.