Click Here for PDF of Job Opening
Position: Corporate Manager, Safety and Industrial Hygiene
Company: GrafTech International
Location: Brooklyn Heights, OH (Cleveland-area)
Reporting Structure: Reporting to the Corporate Vice President of Health, Safety & Environment, the position will have indirect reports within each of GrafTech’s four manufacturing facilities.
CLIENT / POSITION
GrafTech International is a global company with over 130 years of experience in the graphite industry. The Company is a manufacturer of high-quality graphite electrode products essential to the production of electric arc furnace steel and other ferrous and non-ferrous metals. GrafTech International is the leader in the graphite industry focused on maximizing customers’ bottom lines and providing unparalleled service, while developing cutting-edge technology that sets the standard in the steel industry. For more information, visit www.graftech.com.
We seek a Corporate Safety and Industrial Hygiene Manager for GrafTech. This position is reserved for professionals who have attained a level of corporate HS&EP experience considered highly valued and essential to the ongoing success of the department. The successful candidate will be a respected HS&EP leader sought after by all levels of management. Candidates should have a history of consistent performance and personal/professional growth. Additionally, she/he will have established themselves through their contributions, interactions with others, and willingness and ability to accept and manage multiple assignments.
- Manage GrafTech’s corporate safety and health function.
- Develop safety and health procedures to ensure compliance with legal requirements, risk reduction/management and corporate objectives.
- Conduct global compliance audits and assessments.
- Provide technical assistance to GrafTech locations worldwide.
- Review capital project requests, acquisitions and divestitures for safety concerns.
- Develop and drive injury-free workplace and error reduction initiatives and present to management and HS&EP staff worldwide.
- Manage and oversee the Corporate Medical program.
- Develop new procedures to ensure cost effective HS&EP compliance and to address newly identified areas of risk.
- Expense budget management.
- Ten years of experience in the health and safety function.
- Corporate health and safety experience required. Environmental experience desired, but not required.
- Experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment is required. PSM experience desired.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate information on serious accidents, near miss accidents, and property loss incidents to the worldwide organization.
- Experience in preparing Business Council and Board of Directors HS&EP presentations.
- Demonstrated training of site HS&EP professionals.
- Ability to travel 10-15%. Some international travel will be required.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION
A bachelor’s degree in Health, Safety, or Industrial Health is required; master’s highly desired. Professional certifications, such as CIH, CSP, or PE, are expected.
KORN FERRY CONTACTS
Recruiter, Industrial Sector
Managing Associate, Industrial Sector