Have a safety-related job opening at your company?
The ASSP Northern Ohio Chapter’s Jobs page provides organizations with a free means of finding qualified candidates to fill their positions while also providing ASSP members access to employment opportunities. To post a notice for an opening in your organization, contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Recruiter – Please include the date in which the job ad should be removed from the site. If no expiration date is provided, the job will be removed 30 days after publishing.
Environmental Health & Safety Intern
Technoform is looking for a junior, or senior to assist in projects research and work on environmental health and safety processes. This would be a summer internship for 2022.
As an intern, you will have opportunities participating in continuous improvement projects and giving you an exposure to Technoform’s way of thinking and actions.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Conducting or assisting with EHS evaluations
- Support the development of Employee Training related to EHS program
- Support team managers with auditing of EHS process and programs
- Organize and create transparency around EHS requirements and compliance through leveraging EHS KPI’s and dashboards
Your qualifications and requirements:
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Health and Safety, public health or health sciences, engineering, natural sciences or other applicable EHS degree program.
- Desire to work independently and as part of a team inside a manufacturing and office environment
- Able to work 20 – 40 hours a week for a minimum of 12 weeks
- Strong process orientation
- Desire to gain unique experience by working in the field of Environmental, Health & Safety in a manufacturing environment
- Desire to support the development of EHS training programs
- Ability to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent basis
- GPA of 3.0 or better is preferred.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- We want the team members to actively challenge the status quo, identifying and pursuing solutions and new initiatives. There are no limitations on what you can explore, lead, or achieve. A true self-starter perspective.
- You will be exposed to various areas of the business like participating in team strategic goals to understanding the financial statements and its impact.
- Flat structure
- We believe in the strength and power of cohesive teams to make decisions to tackle challenges. Our structure is all about transparency and open communication.
- Innovation and growth
- We are always striving to generate new ideas and grow our business, largely through investing for the future. A wide network of experts will help you expand your know-how and competencies.
- We offer you a diverse range of tasks in a dynamic team setting that will help you to identify and gain experience in your area of interest.
- Global networking
- We have a global presence and frequently interface with our colleagues to stay on the cutting edge. There are abundant opportunities for all employees to engage internationally.
- Work life balance
- We consider our team to be a family. We maintain a flexible workplace environment, providing the platform for employees find a balance between personal and work responsibilities.
- Compensation and benefits
- We offer an attractive and competitive compensation package based on experience and educational background that includes salary.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment, and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable, and accessible.
Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020, and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes’s 2020 list of the World’s Best Employers for its sector.
They are looking for a Health and Safety, Environment Specialist to facilitate their HSE programs in Twinsburg. Strong knowledge of aerospace and MRO activities and professional certification is preferred. An ability to travel both internationally & domestically is required.
If you are a leader capable of working in a deadline-oriented environment, please apply at HSE Specialist II | Safran (safran-group.com)