Safety Coordinator (Cuyahoga Heights, OH)
Charter Steel — a division of Charter Manufacturing, is a leading American supplier of carbon and alloy steel bar, rod and wire products with distribution and manufacturing facilities in Wisconsin and Ohio. As an integrated steelmaker, providing the highest degree of service to our customers is our primary focus. Our capabilities include steel melting, bar and rod rolling, coil processing and wire drawing As a family owned business we are one family and we succeed together. We are empowered, engaged, and care deeply about doing what is best for customers and for each other. Our decisions are guided by our values: trust, teamwork, safety, and continuous improvement. Ultimately, our culture drives sustained profitable growth in a safe and ethical work environment. Cultivating this culture enables us to re-invest in our people and the organization.
We have an opening for a Safety Coordinator. Our Safety Coordinator will assist in providing for the safety and health of employees through safe working conditions and operating practices. Minimize business losses resulting from employee injuries. Ensure compliance with governmental regulations and requirements. Educate and train new and existing employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related degree, or a combination of education and experience.
- Two plus years’ of safety related experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver classroom and computer training all levels in the organization.
- Ability to interpret and apply state and OSHA regulations on a practical basis.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills requiring tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks while being detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability to work in teams as a leader and as a member.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to facilitate and lead cross-functional teams.
- Familiar with basic features of Microsoft Office software.
If interested please reach out to Lindsey Nielsen (email@example.com) and apply directly on our website https://chartermfg.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Charter_Careers/job/Charter-Steel—Cleveland-OH/Safety-Coordinator_R00921