At EMC, you’ll put your skills to good use as an important member of our team. You can count on gaining valuable experience while contributing to the company’s success. EMC strives to hire and retain the best people by engaging, developing and rewarding employees.
- Completes on-site loss control surveys of policyholders’ operations and assesses the hazard potential
- Prepares reports and opinions that focus on areas where EMC has insured exposures such as property, commercial auto, liability, and workers’ compensation
- Provides detailed explanation of operations and hazards associated with insured coverages
- Develops recommendations for policyholders to control hazards and to prevent or reduce exposure to insured losses
- Holds in-person consultations with policyholders after each survey to discuss the organizations’ operations, claims trends, and recommendations for improvement
- Communicates loss control services available to policyholders and agents
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in safety, engineering, industrial safety, fire protection or related field or equivalent relevant experience
- Two years of relevant loss control or safety experience including successful completion of EMC Risk Improvement training or equivalent
- Related advanced degree or designation preferred, such as certified safety professional, CPCU or relevant niche market certifications
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong ability to understand and evaluate risk
- Strong knowledge of industrial, construction, fire and commercial automotive safety
- Good understanding of various nationally recognized standards and codes including OSHA, DOT and NFPA
- Strong ability to identify and visualize potential loss exposures
- Knowledge of relevant niche markets preferred
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and prioritize
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer relation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Travel required; a valid driver’s license with an acceptable motor vehicle report per company standards required if traveling
Our employment practices are in accord with the laws which prohibit discrimination due to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
All of our locations are tobacco free including in company vehicles.
For more information and to apply CLICK HERE.