EH & S Manager
Environmental Health & Safety Manager
The EH&S Manager oversees and enforces the safety philosophy and all safety and environmental measures to ensure compliance with OSHA and environmental rules and safety guidelines.
Salary Range: $80 – 90K + annually
- Job history is very important
- Heavy Industrial (Automotive, Forging, etc.)
firstname.lastname@example.org (w) 440-249-0495 (c) 310-977-7900
- Design, implement & monitor safety programs and recommend ways to improve health and safety in the facility.
- Manage facility air, storm water, wastewater, waste, and spill programs including renewals, record keeping and reporting.
- Manage the changes to environmental permits and programs as it relates to any change in operation.
- Develop and conduct training for employees regarding required OSHA and environmental topics and other environmental, health and safety procedures.
- Conduct audits, identify environmental, health and safety hazards and develop & implement corrective actions.
- Drive employee engagement.
- Lead safety meetings.
- Respond to on-site emergencies and accidents.
- Investigate on-the-job accidents and prepare detailed reports and complete related company and OSHA reporting.
- Liaise with local emergency response agencies.
- Serve as subject matter expert regarding Federal, State, Local and corporate EHS requirements. Lead site EHS permitting, inspection and reporting activities.
- Facilitates incident and/or compliance investigations in conjunction with peers. Works closely with Human Resources and Leadership Team to ensure that investigations are thorough, fair and timely and that resulting actions are implemented and communicated within deadlines.
- Work closely with site Human Resources to facilitate effective implementation of site training requirements and accurate/accessible reporting of training completion.
- Provide input to EHS budget and manage to budget, while striving to offer opportunities for improvement in program efficiencies and cost.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor of Science in Engineering (may consider BS in Safety Management); Highly experienced with a minimum 10 years in manufacturing setting and minimum 5 years of managing safety in a heavy manufacturing or related industry.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is preferred.
- First Responder/First Aid training or EMT preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to influence the organization to accomplish environmental and safety and health objectives through increased engagement of the entire team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Strong leadership, problem-solving and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills to include, MS Office and database management.
- Must have ability to confidently provide direction to management with regard to safety and environmental situations.
- Experience managing and improving an ISO 14001 certified environment.