Global EHS Chemical Management & Industrial Hygiene Specialist
Akron, OH, US
Requisition ID: 117542
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
The Global Environmental Health and Safety Specialist Principal is responsible for the management/coordination of Goodyear’s global Safety Data Sheets Program (authorization and compliance). Primary contact/Reviewer for the coordination around authorizing safety data sheets (SDS) for new/experimental products in various global formats (includes working with vendors on system upgrades and maintenance. This position supports the development, design, and implementation of Goodyear’s Industrial Hygiene Strategy and programs. Supports the execution of Global EHS strategy by assisting in the design, development, and implementation of Global EHS programs
- Primary contact/Reviewer for the coordination around authorizing safety data sheets (SDS) for new/experimental products in various global formats (including working with vendors on system upgrades and maintenance). Contact for the coordination of Industrial Hygiene sampling plans and assessments (including working with vendors on sampling strategies, system improvements, and maintenance).
- Work with internal functions to ensure SDS is accurate, maintained, accessible, and integrated into functional activities (including establishing training/internal processes).
- Manage raw material and supplier SDS information to ensure compliance with global hazard communication standards. Supports management of Industrial Hygiene global vendors and third parties
- Assist in the development, design, and implementation of global EHS programs.
- Review, analyze, and provide conclusions/recommendations on global EHS data in support of operations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene or Safety
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene or Safety desired
- 7 or more years of experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety and Industrial Hygiene function
- Previous plant, operational and global/international experience – Desired
Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with global hazard communication regulations/requirements (GHS, DOT/OSHA, REACH, etc.)
- Awareness of global Environmental, Health, and Safety laws and regulatory framework
- Strong Proficiency in Industrial Hygiene and regulatory framework
- Strong proficiency with standard office software (including software-designed storage (SDS) authorizing software)
- Strong analytical/research skills – With the ability to work independently and accurately manage large amounts of detailed information
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively at all organization
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 74,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Industrial Hygiene, Engineer, QA, Quality Assurance, Manager, Engineering, Technology, Quality, Managemen