Simon Roofing has a job opening for an Environmental Health and Safety Professional.
This position performs varied support duties for the all divisions and departments. The employee must perform his/her job within acceptable safety, environmental, quality, productivity and performance standards as outline in the company safety policies, hand books and applicable work *This list may not be all-inclusive and may include other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and update safety calendar and schedules.
- Conducts EHS compliance inspections at Simon Roofing jobsites.
- Maintain and update Simon Roofing EHS Policies.
- Provide safety and IH support as necessary to employees and clients.
- Track and analyze EHS metric.
- Work with new hires on gathering information for their first day and training schedules.
- Lead safety meetings as necessary or as directed.
- Presents new hire safety orientation and other safety topics as necessary.
- Update and maintain applicable databases.
- Attend, participate and or lead assigned standing safety meetings.
- Ensures file completeness and performs document control for safety certification. Creates forms and spreadsheets for tracking and maintains files.
- Creates environmental/safety tracking documents on spreadsheet and inputs information.
- Conducts EHS compliance audits in the field.
- Analyze and create trend charts for all field audits.
- Prepares documents utilizing word processing creating tables, charts and memoranda.
- Answers phones and refers calls to appropriate personnel or provides requested information to the caller.
- Stays current on all applicable Federal, State and Local EHS regulations.
- Serves as consultant and Subject Matter Expert to field personnel.
- Maintains confidentiality related to environmental and safety and security issues.
- Acts as a liaison with Federal, State and Local Regulatory Agencies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director VP – EHS and OD.
Standards of performance(How is effectiveness in job performance measured.
- Timely response and reporting
- Accuracy of documents and reports
- Internal Customer Relations
- Environment, Safety & Environment
- Personnel development, Policy, Procedure and Teamwork
- Achievement of SMART GOALS
Job Qualifications (Minimum education, knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a Health, safety and Environment preferred
- Team player
- Proficient in Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and database computerized systems.
- Ability to manage workload effectively including plan, coordinate, organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate through written correspondence and verbally.
- Ability to use good judgment to make decisions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelors in Safety Technology or related field. (Open to upcoming graduates)
- Some related experience (internship is ok). Construction industry is preferred but not required.
- Strong communication skills… Ability to make persuasive presentations to work teams.
- High Level computer skills; Excel (including pivot tables), Power Point, Word etc.
Required certifications, licenses, registration, etc.
- Not required at the time of hire, but ability to obtain any additional certifications, licenses or registrations as deemed necessary. (i.e., Asbestos Inspector)
People Responsibility (both direct and indirect reports)
- No direct reports
Business Impact (degree and timeframe of impact)
- Direct impact on organizations business direction and significant company matters.
- Short term (1-2 year) and long term (2-5 year) impact on company financial operations.
- Accountable for long term goal setting and planning
Physical Working Conditions
- Majority of day spent in an office environment.
- Part of the time will be spent on job sites, company branches & company vehicles.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Ability to safely ascend and descend ladders and work at height.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform all the necessary duties of the position.
- Ability to travel throughout the company’s foot print.
The information contained in this job description is designed to indicate the general nature and work performed by an employee in this job. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee assigned to this job.
If interested contact:
Walter C. Fluharty, Psy.D., SPHR, CEES
Sr. Vice President – Environmental Health and Safety
330-629-7663 ext 1121