Position Summary: Manages Environmental, Health and Safety processes for Howmet Barberton Wheels manufacturing and Casthouse Operations for the Barberton, Ohio location with approximately 200 employees.
- Defines and leads the EHS site strategy, goals/objectives for campus
- Initiates and oversees timely corrective action for EHS
- Manages the activities of direct report employees (including assigned Work Leaders).
- Conducts and supports EHS training,
- Completes performance appraisals
- Develops and implements Howmet and Barberton Environmental, Health and Safety Plans
- Provide strong, visible leadership for EHS to at all levels of the organization, including both the BCR machining and the Casthouse.
- Engages and directs the leadership team in EHS processes.
- Spends time on the plant floor being visible and interacting with employees on the EHS Process
- Coordinates all EHS training programs and procedures
- Oversees ongoing compliance with the site’s environmental permits.
- Assures compliance with Howmet and regulatory standards
- Provides support to the HWS EHS Director to assure awareness to significant issues on the site.
- Administers Howmet Barberton self-insured Workers Compensation program
- Leads Howmet Barberton’s EHS ASAT’s for assigned locations
- Participates on the Barberton Lead Team and provide strategic oversight of EHS.
- Ensures management is informed of current EHS issues
- Coordinates and leads Howmet EHS metrics reporting for the site
- Coordinates industrial hygiene and occupational health programs.
- Administers organization’s PPE program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of environmental, health & safety
- Have drive and energy to execute goals, objectives and tasks ad a high level
- Experienced with Workers Compensation practices
- Has extensive knowledge of manufacturing operations
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s Degree (from an Accredited University) in an EHS or related field
- Minimum 10 years EHS related experience and supervisory experience
- Management experience in an industrial environment, preferably involving metal casting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership ability required
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
- Minimum of 50% travel required.
- Good oral and written communication ability
- Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking and define
- problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Employee must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position\
- Master’s degree preferred
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Lifting: Light – Lift on an occasional basis a maximum of 20 pounds with frequent or constant lifting of 10 pounds
- Standing: Moderately (20% – 50% of workday)
- Walking: Moderately (20% – 50% of workday)
- Bending and Twisting: Infrequently (less than 20% of workday)
- Temperature Extremes (percent of time working in non-climate controlled, production environment): Infrequently (less than 20% of workday)
- Noise (percent of time working in noisy, production environment): Infrequently (less than 20% of workday)
- Other physical demands considerations: None
This description is a general statement of duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. This description is not intended to be all inclusive and other related duties may be assigned.